Woo-hoo!

Just got a call from my school with some good news! We have some students visiting from Colombia and Mexico as part of a special program this spring, and they are trying to design a program for them. They have asked me to teach a group of the grade 6 students in the afternoons starting after our March Break. We still have to work out the details (they haven't all been tested yet for English levels, etc., and they will be doing some travel and special programs, so they won't be in school every day), but I said yes. It should put me very close to a full time salary for much of the remainder of the school year, which is always a good thing. I am also applying to teach summer school with the public schools to make some extra money, but I'm not sure if I'll get the job (I don't know how competitive it is--it's so hard to get in as a regular teacher, but there may be less competition for summer school? Maybe?). But this extra money may mean that I don't have to worry as much about summer income, or give us the extra cash to take a nice vacation or something.

So we'll see what ends up happening, but it was a pleasant surprise. (Remind me that I was excited about this next month, when I'll probably be grumbling about the extra work or how ungrateful the kids are or some other predictable thing like that....)

Comments