February Lady

I have another finished object, and this one was a bigger one--so it was a nice feeling of accomplishment!

100_3277
February Lady Sweater, in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. (well, I think that's what it is--it was yarn given to me from a sweater my aunt frogged. The ball bands were gone, so no clue which colour. Luckily there was plenty there to make this project!) Started this in the fall, and it was a quick knit, but it sat around for most of December and January untouched. Picked it back up in early February and finished it before we left on vacation.

100_3278
The buttons are from a local artisan, and I love them. There was one leftover from the set, maybe I'll use it as the closure on a purse? Not sure.

There's also been plenty of spinning this week. 2 new yarns in the shop:

100_3273
A second skein of Sumac BFL sock yarn.

100_3268
Wensleydale worsted in "Joshua Tree". This has a great sheen about it. The yardage is a bit short (120), which apparently is common for this fiber. However, there's plenty for a hat or some mitts, and it would be nice and warm!

And now I'm spinning for me:
100_3307
These batts were from the Spunky Eclectic group batt swap on Ravelry. Corriedale/Colonial wool, with just a bit of glitz. It's my first time spinning with sparkles, actually! One is all done, and I'll tackle the other later today while watching the Duke-UNC game, I think.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely Lady Sweater--the buttons are striking.

Lovely spinning, too. I keep thinking I should try spinning from a batt. Perhaps after I get the hang of spinning from roving...
Lindsay! Your February Lady Sweater is stunning! Makes me want to cast on a second asap! :)
Jinann said…
I LOVE the February Lady! It's gorgeous...and the color...oh, the color!