Knitting? Do you still do that?

OK, OK, I know it's been a long time since I blogged a completed knitting project. And I definitely am finding less knitting time since I started spinning, weaving, and dyeing! But I do occasionally sneak a few moments in there to work on something, so I thought I'd better show off the proof of that today. :-)

First, a little one skein wonder I designed to use one of my yarns:
yarns 001
Those are Sweetheart Fingerless Mitts, knit in Waterloo Wools Kenora (65% cashmere, 35% silk), colourway "Scandalous". They are perfect for wearing in my basement office, where my hands are always cold. AND they took less than one skein, so I have plans to write up a matching headband or similar pattern soon.

If you like the design, you can follow the link below to buy the pattern. I am participating in Ravelry's Help for Haiti fundraiser by donating all proceeds from this pattern to MSF (in addition, the Canadian government is matching donations, so each pattern is $6 going to MSF).


Next up, and also using some of my yarn, is my first pair of thrummed mittens:
yarns 008
That is made with my Stratford DK weight yarn and some merino roving. There is now a complete pair of them! I am putting together kits of these to sell. So far, I know that London Yarns will be carrying them, and I hope to have some elsewhere as well. They are crazy warm, but of course I finished them just in time for the mild weather to arrive, so I haven't gotten much use out of them!

And just to prove that all of us have bad days:
yarns 005
That is supposed to be a Baby Surprise Jacket. It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but you may have noticed that it's both narrow and long. It could perhaps be considered a "Baby Surprise Dress"?!

It has been frogged, and I have plans to start again with a different stitch count and a different gauge. Or I might just use the yarn for something else. They yarn, by the way, is lovely. It's my handspun, from Southern Cross Fiber club colourway Equinox. Really beautiful fiber in my favourite colours. Perhaps the error was a message that it should become something for me, not a baby?!

That isn't ALL the knitting I've been up to lately, but it's a lot of it. There's a sock in the works from the new Cat Bordhi book, another sock for Stephen that is languishing due to possible fit issues, and a sweater for me that got boring (mindless stockinette) so it's sitting. Oh, and 2 or 3 lace projects that don't make good TV or social knitting, so they're just not getting done!)

Comments